The Shopper’s Journey… winning from planning through purchase
Why is the shopper’s journey so critical to understand? Because it is the basis for, and the intersection of, good Shopper Marketing strategy and exemplary CatMan practices.
Understanding shoppers’ behaviors, attitudes and challenges from pre-store, to in-store and point-of-purchase and then post-shop identifies critical insights that drive growth at every level—products, brands, categories, and total shopper baskets.
These shopper insights provide the inputs that allow manufacturers and retailers to:
- Conduct gap analysis to understand where they are winning—and losing—with shoppers across key metrics such as product packaging, product offer, shopability, brand loyalty, etc.
- Close knowledge gaps, from the most foundational understanding of shoppers’ decisions and preferences, to the more advanced deep dive into what makes shoppers life-long brand advocates
- Drive analytics and data integration that is the foundational principle of successful CatMan programs
- Recommend actions to internal and external clients and partners about tactics and strategies across Shopper Marketing and CatMan disciplines
- Create and test solutions that truly resonate with shoppers to win their hearts, minds and wallets