What is CatMan 2.0™?
Category management is one of the most successful business processes developed in the 20th century. It is used in one form or another globally by most manufacturers and retailers representing a variety of trade classes primarily within the consumer package goods industry. The retail landscape has changed dramatically since the discipline of CatMan 1.0 was originally developed in the early 1990s. CatMan 2.0™ is category management for the 21st century. It represents the modification of category management discipline to address the following major changes in the industry:
A More Diverse
– the shopper base has segmented into a collection of unique behaviors based on a consumer’s lifestyle and life stage.
New Retail Formats
– the growth of supercenters, dollar stores, deep discounters, and online retailers.
– new data sources including shopper insights, loyalty programs and social media.
– new hardware and software solutions enable analytics with unprecedented speed and power, at the individual store and customer level.
– learnings, case studies, and knowledge about what works and
CatMan 2.0™ Process
“As category management evolves, so must our people. That’s where certification can play a big role. We have chosen to certify our people because it provides a roadmap for capability development that will allow us to meet current needs and prepare us to tackle the challenges ahead.The certification is a long term investment we have made in our people and the discipline of category management”
-Mike O’Hare, VP of Category Management, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group