Company: C.A Fortune
Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
What We Do
- At C.A. Fortune, we aspire to maintain our position as the nation’s leading consumer brands agency. We realize how fortunate we are (pun intended) to offer comprehensive solutions to our clients. From sales management to marketing, all the way down to insights and e-commerce, our boutique service model offers a breadth of services to our clients.
Who We Are
- Passion. Purpose. Our people are the core of our business. Our unique boutique service model allows our people to follow their passions with a purpose, all while delivering excellent services to our clients. We are committed to living out our values. We are fearless and curious innovators who lead with solutions, empower others, and do the right thing, always. We are a family-first organization and recognize the importance of a healthy and flexible work-life balance, a positive support system, and the power of diversity and inclusion.
Overview of the Role
- The Category Manager will champion the development and maintenance of the go-to-market analytics designed to support, track, and grow core and new product initiatives for Publix & Ahold Delhaize. They will act as a leader by providing the analytics and insights needed to optimize pricing, promotion, distribution, displays and shelf placement, and lead business review analysis. The position will develop and maintain value-added and actionable category management tools, incorporating customer learning and strategic brand insights that will guide sales and business managers to achieve volume and distribution objectives. This position will perform as if they are an internal consultant and trusted advisor to our sales organization and clients. As a leader, they will help execute strategy through the development of tools, process, and people to drive productivity and effectiveness as well as optimize the full analytics process from data to insightful recommendations and action.
- Location: (Remote; Chicago, IL)
- Travel Requirements: 10-20% to present to clients
- At C.A. we’re not looking for perfection, just people that want to commit to a us and grow their careers long-term. We are on a mission to build better brands that inspire healthier lifestyles for consumers and their families. If you’re looking for a sign to apply, here it is!
What You’ll Do at C.A. Fortune
- Implement business intelligence strategy aligned with the Insights Pillar vision
- Drive proficiency in analytical tools and resources across the team
- Lead category management for 5-10 clients and responsible for client reporting, retailer category reviews, client/retailer performance, etc.
- Training in analytics and insights across cross-functional groups
- Implement category management strategy aligned with client KPI’s and gold standard merchandising vision
- Improve methodology related to reporting, analysis, identifying distribution voids and quantifying opportunity gaps
- Develop fact-based category reviews, business reviews and selling stories
- Analyze and incorporate shopper, distributor, syndicated, and consumer research to develop recommended actions based on fact-based insights
- Present business reviews to client, clearly articulating trends, and recommendations to optimize strategic planning and selling efforts
- Develop and deliver account presentations relative to new items, share of shelf, and/or efficient assortment
- Conduct post-promotional analysis to help sales optimize go-forward promotional planning
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs and communicate strategy and best practices internally and externally
- Maintain strong communication links with internal and external partners
What You Should Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree, at least 5 years of CPG industry sales and category management experience (Natural/Specialty/Organic food and/or beverage preferred)
- MUST HAVE:
- High level of proficiency in SPINs, Nielsen and Circana (IRI) data
- In-depth experience in selling story development, category reviews & category management principals
- Well-honed analytical and highly advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- A proven record of driving efficiency across a team and/or organization
- Advanced communications skills, ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in a concise manner
- A demonstrated competency in multi-tasking and problem-solving with focus on meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker; can turn self-developed strategies/efficient processes into execution
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- 16 days of PTO
- 11 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- 3 months fully paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid company life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Summer hours (half day Fridays from Memorial Day thru Labor Day)
- Work from home flexibility
Come As You Are
C.A. is committed to making our company more inclusive. Diversity fuels our innovation and better connects us to our clients, our colleagues, and our communities. Based on research, we know that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when their experience perfectly matches the job description. That said, we encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications, especially if this role aligns with your career trajectory.